The Magic of the “I AM”
Spiritual seekers probably have a list of books they cherish for life. Some of these books have been responsible for huge “a-ha” moments with their magical words, which fill us with inspiring discoveries that touch our souls.
I’ve read many books on meditation, New Age, and energy healing methods. I particularly loved books that explored the concept of letting go the most, as they seemed to remind me of my daily struggles with surrendering to life. I have my favorite books tabbed, highlighted, and kept in special places. It’s always good to return to them and meditate on the notes you once selected.
But there is always THE book. The one book that touches your soul and awakens you for something a lot more powerful within you. The “I AM” Discourses, Vol. 3 was supposedly channeled by Saint Germain through Guy Ballard in the 1930s — a time when Americans struggled to remain sane in face of poverty, despair, and sickness. And that was the book that changed my life.
Whether people believe in the unknown and the channeling of a good spirit like Saint Germain or not, it is not the question here. The content of this book, if read, re-read, will blow your mind in many ways. It is life-changing for the truth seekers, for those who do not follow a religion but who believe in the connectedness of all that there is in the Universe.
Saint Germain introduces a series of speeches and affirmations about the power of the magical words “I AM.” From old religious texts, when Moses asked God’s name and He responded “I am that I am” to when Jesus said “I am the Resurrection and the Life,” Saint Germain reaffirms the power of those words and how we should use them in our lives. He affirms the existence of a power that lies within us, not outside — unlike Abrahamic religions tend to claim.
“I AM” is the essence of life, the “God in action” in every individual. The powerful force that connects us all — and where no discordant energy shall exist.
There are explanations of different themes in this beautiful book, but the repetition of the “I AM” affirmations are life-changing for many people. In times of trouble, fear, doubt, uncertainty, some of these words can really help us anchor to a kind of connection that is hard to explain in words.
Whenever I am sad or fearful, I hold onto the “I AM Presence” as if my life depended on it. It’s like opening a portal to a realm where fear and uncertainty no longer reside. A place that only the deepest essence of your soul knows well.
So here is a compilation of my favorite “I AM” affirmations (out of 301 affirmations!), and a brief note or comment on how I use them or why they inspire me.
- I AM the Open Door which no man can shut. Talk about being limitless, right? Whatever it is you need and desire, like Christ’s words say, seek and you shall find it. Have faith.
- I AM God in action. Everyone is a part of “God,” so there is no separation. The Infinite Mind lives within you and through you, making you powerful and God-like, just like the source.
- I AM There and I AM Here, and I AM the Power that makes all clear. Whatever you need to know, this divine presence knows and can guide you through any difficult situation.
- I AM the Omnipresent, All-Powerful, Protecting Intelligence governing this mind and body. You’re not alone. Something bigger is acting on you, helping and assisting you with your needs.
- I AM the Consuming Power and Presence of every bit of fear, doubt, and questioning in my outer activity concerning this Invincible Activity of the I Am. The “outer activity” refers to all earthly concerns from our “outer minds.” That mind is not connected to the divine mind. The divine mind does not know fear and doubt. So this affirmation allows you to sync with the Great Intelligence.
- I AM the Invincible Guard, established, sustained and maintained over my mind, my body, my home, my world and my affairs. Don’t let feelings of criticism and fear sneak upon you. You are forever guarded.
- I AM the governing Love, Wisdom, and Power with its attendant Intelligent Activity which is acting today in every single thing I think or do. I command this Infinite Activity to take place every moment and the sustaining Guard about me, that I move, speak and act only in Divine Order. This is my morning affirmation. Start your day reading those words out loud. It will make a difference.
- I AM this Pure Light right here in action. I Am this Pure Revelation of everything I want to know. You have all the answers. Trust your intuition!
- I AM the strength, the courage, the power to move forward steadily through all experiences, whatever they may be, and remain joyous and uplifted, filled with peace and harmony at all times, by the Glorious Presence which I Am. In tough times, just remember these words. You’re still being supported and not alone.
- I AM the Pure Mind of God (in everyone here). This can be used at any time for yourself and for others. Since we are all connected, you can always call the “I Am” presence for someone else too, and it will help lift that person’s consciousness to the same level as divine consciousness. The true mind of God is free of judgment, fear, guilt, blame, sin. These “outer” activities of the mind were sadly reinforced by religions.
- I AM the Mighty Consuming Flame that now and forever consumes all past and present mistakes, their cause and effect, and all undesirable creation for which my outer is responsible. Leave the past behind but imagining this forgiving, consuming flame fixing everything in your past. You are free!
- I AM the Commanding ‘Presence,’ the exhaustless energy, the Divine Wisdom causing my desire to be fulfilled. Great for manifesting your dreams. What is it that you want? The world is yours.
It was hard to choose my favorite I AM affirmations from the I AM Discourses, Vol. 3 by Saint Germain. Each chapter of this book contains a series of affirmations and explanations that need to be carefully studied and revised. It is meant to be read slowly — and re-read whenever you can.
I believe everyone, regardless of their faith, can connect to this I AM Presence. A yoga teacher I know uses the mantra “So Hum” during her breathing practices, and it also means I AM. I AM is a universal language and ready to be used by anyone in need. So consider giving yourself a gift: read Saint Germain’s book and claim your power by claiming the I AM Presence within you.
Originally published at http://energyhealingandfriends.wordpress.com on April 23, 2021.